Last updated: January 23, 2020
As used herein, “personal data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Teads customer or consumer or his or her household.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us.
We collect personally identifiable information, including identifiers, such as your name, phone number, company name and email address, directly from you when you choose to enter it on our website, for instance when you complete the “Contact Us” form.
Automatically Collected Information.
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, as well as information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including, e.g.
- Page URL
- Browser information (e.g. Browser name and version)
- Device Information (e.g. Device type, OS)
- Network carrier information (e.g. Wi-Fi, 46 or Wired connection)
- Mobile application information (e.g. Application name or IDFA)
- User interactions with Teads Ad
- Geolocation Information: We may derive the non-precise location of your device from your IP address.
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect for various business and commercial purposes, including those described below:
- Providing customer service: We use the information to respond to the request or inquiry you have submitted to us through the contact form or other entry field.
- Marketing: We use the information for marketing purposes, such as to send you our newsletter or other promotional emails. You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these communications.
- Debugging, identifying, and repairing errors: We may use data to fix issues that impair the functionality of our Services.
- Protecting the rights and property of Teads and Complying with Law: We may use data to protect our rights and property and comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements; and
- Carry out certain short-term activities: We may use data for other short-term, reasonable internal purposes related to our Services or your ongoing relationship with us.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
We do not share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We may share information about you as follows:
- With our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and trusted third party service providers working under the instruction of Teads, such as an email service provider, hosting provider or data center, exclusively for storage purposes. Such third parties who provide services on our behalf are authorized to use your personal information only as strictly necessary to provide these services to us.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Teads or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
The collection of personal data based on your consent is done by using a consent form as for instance on our Contact Us page. Your consent is stored and documented in our systems. You may withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time.
We may use your personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if your privacy interests do not override this interest. To establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between you and Teads has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform you about your privacy rights and the purpose for collecting your personal data. In such cases, you can always choose to object to the processing of your personal data.
We reserve the right to disclose or transfer your personally identifiable information as required by law, as part of a merger, acquisition, dissolution or sale of assets, and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change of ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request. We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
Upon request, Teads will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may update, access or request deletion of your personally identifiable information by contacting us a email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Rectification and erasure
You may request Teads the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you, as well as the completion of incomplete personal data. You may also request Teads to erase without undue delay your personal data when it is no longer necessary for Teads to retain such data.
Upon request, Teads will provide you with the personal data you that provided to us and, if possible, will communicate this information directly to another data controller of your choice in a portable format when the processing is based on consent or contract.
Data Security and Retention
The security of your information is fundamental to Teads. We have implemented industry standard security measures, which include the use of firewalls and encryption to protect your personal information. If you have questions about the security of your personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Teads is based in Luxembourg and we process and store information throughout the United States, Europe, Latin America, and Asia. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
In this context, please note that Teads may transfer your personal information outside the European Union as part of its processing. In such case the organization receiving your personal information will have provided to Teads adequate safeguards such as adherence to the EU Privacy Shield Framework, execution of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses for transfer to third countries, or another specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal information to a third country.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
Our site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Choices for Access, Deletion, Opt-Out of Sale, and Right to Non-Discrimination for California.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal information we collect, disclose, and “sell” about you (as that term is used in the CCPA). Additionally, you have the right to access, delete and opt-out from the “sale” of your personal information.
To exercise these rights, please follow the instructions below:
- How to Request Access to Personal Information: You may request access to your personal information twice in a 12-month period. To do so, please, email us at email@example.com. US residents can as well call us at 1-866-467-8688 (1-866-I-OPT-OUT). When being prompted, please use the code 777#. Account holders can request access to their personal information at any time by logging into their accounts on the Services. In response, we will produce an Access Report detailing the personal information we have collected, disclosed, and/or sold about you. This Access Report will be delivered by mail or electronically at your request in a reasonable timeframe.
- How to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You may request that Teads delete the personal information it has collected and/or maintained about you. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. US residents can as well call us at 1-866-467-8688 (1-866-I-OPT-OUT). When being prompted, please use the code 777#. Note, we may need to retain certain personal information as permitted by law, such as to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a requested good or service, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, comply with legal obligations or to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations or lawful within the context in which you provided the information.
Please note, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any consumer request. If you maintain an account with us, we will verify your identity through existing authentication practices for the account (e.g., login and password). If you are not a registered user, we will verify your identity by matching two or three data points that you provide with data points that we maintain and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification (e.g., browser and device ID).
You can use an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf. But we may require the agent to provide a written permission and verify his/her identity or demonstrate that he or she has power of attorney.
You have the right to be free from discrimination in product quality, goods or services if you choose to exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we stop running targeted advertising in response to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. Please remove the paragraph
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of sixteen (16) in the United States or children under the age of legal majority in jurisdictions outside the United States, nor do we market products or services to such children.
Teads collects and uses data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to laws governing privacy and data protection.